- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoon unsalted melted butter or cooking oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoons kosher salt Butter 3 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons rum
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 12-ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup all-purpose cream or heavy cream
- In a blender, add the eggs, milk, water and melted butter; pulse for a few seconds, until liquids are combined. Add the flour, sugar and salt. Pulse for 10 seconds or so and until flour is incorporated, being sure not to over-blend. Transfer the batter to a bowl and cover. Place the batter in the refrigerator for an hour to rest.
- Place a crepe pan over medium-heat. Brush the skillet with a light coating of butter. Add 2 ounces of batter to the pan, swirling it around until the bottom is coated evenly. Cook until the crepe edges’ pull away from the pan, about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook on the opposite side for another 30 seconds. You may have to play with the temperature a bit. The common notion is that the first crepe goes to the pan, so don’t get discouraged if you have to try a few times to get the temperature right. When you’ve made a few crepes, transfer them to the oven to keep them warm, while you prepare the bourbon bananas and chocolate.
- Melt chocolate with heavy cream in a double-broiler or make your own by placing a heat-proof bowl over a pot filled with an inch of simmering water. Once chocolate is melted set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the bananas, brown sugar, rum and cinnamon together. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-heat. Once melted, add the bananas to the skillet and cook until bananas are softened and slightly caramelized, 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble, lay a few crepes side-by-side and fill each one with the banana bourbon mixture. Fold each side over and drizzle with chocolate.
Source : Home Cooking & Baking
Share It To Your Friends!