- 1 pound beef tenderloin or strip loin steaks, cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. chopped pancetta
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary or 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- Pinch hot pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. to 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 10 to 12 mini potatoes, skin on, scrubbed and cut in half or quarters
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Season cubes of beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. butter. When oil is hot, add beef in batches, browning on all sides, about 5 minutes. (Don’t overcook the beef.) Transfer to plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil if pan looks dry. Add onions, pancetta, celery, garlic, rosemary and hot pepper flakes. Cook until veggies are soft and lightly golden, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add flour. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in red wine let reduce for 2 to 3 minutes. Add stock, carrots, potatoes and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low. Cook until carrots and potatoes are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Add beef and any juice back to pan, peas until both are heated through. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Finish with chopped parsley. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Source : In the Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!