- juice and meat from 2 pieces buko
- 4 pandan leaves
- 2 boxes unflavored green gulaman
- 1 (250-ml) pack all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 (836-gram) can fruit cocktail, drained well
- 1/2 cup nata de coco, drained well
- 3/4 cup red kaong, drained well
- Cut buko meat into squares; set aside. Combine buko juice with enough water to make 31/2 cups of liquid. Pour mixture into a saucepan and add pandan leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Remove pandan and add gulaman powder. Bring to a boil, stirring until powder is completely dissolved. Pour into an 8x12-inch pan. Let cool slightly, then place in the refrigerator to set.
- Cut into cubes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream and condensed milk. Add fruit cocktail, nata de coco, red kaong, gulaman cubes, and buko meat. Transfer to a serving container, cover, and keep chilled in the refrigerator. Serve cold.
Adding red kaong can make the salad turn pink. To prevent this, rinse kaong with filtered water. Drain overnight or pat dry with paper towels. Alternatively, you can also use untinted kaong.
Source : Yummy
Share It To Your Friends!