- 4 young coconut (cut into large pieces)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar (add more if you want)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 2 tbsp coconut water
- In a large pot combine coconut meat, sugar, milk and dissolved cornstarch.
- Bring to boil stirring constantly until thickened. Cool.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 sticks butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 2 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp ice cold water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter with pastry cutter or a fork until the mixtures resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg yolks and cold water. Mix together until combined.
- Add mixture to flour mixture and stir with fork to moisten. Flour mixture should come together. Add a little more water if mixture is too dry. Do not over mix.
- Turn out onto work surface, knead once or twice until dough comes together. Divide dough into two parts with one part slightly bigger than the other. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill all pastry until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 190 C
- Dust a work surface with flour. Roll out dough into thin sheet.
- Lift dough using rolling pin and lay it over a 8 inch pie pan.
- Roll out remaining dough for the top crust. Set aside.
- Add the filling. Cover with a top crust. Flute or crimp edges together to seal. Cut several steam vents across top. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 190 C for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Source : My Kitchen and Photography
Share It To Your Friends!