- 4 bunches kangkong leaves, cleaned
- 3 cups corn starch
- 5 cups cooking oil
- salt and monosodium glutamate ( MSG) to taste (vetsin)
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pc boiled egg, grated medium
- Clean kangkong and draw off leaves thoroughly.
- Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, flour, egg, MSG, salt and water ( batter mixture ) in a clean mixing bowl.Mix until smooth in consistency.
- Heat oil to 250°F and reduce fire to medium. Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
- Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves. Serve with sauce on the side.
Source : Philippine Country
Share It To Your Friends!