- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Topping: creamed butter, grated cheddar cheese, sugar (to taste)
- Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup of water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with dough hook, place sifted all-purpose flour, sugar and salt. Mix at low speed until incorporated.
- Add the dissolved yeast, remaining water, eggs and evaporated milk. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed then mix at medium speed for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add unsalted butter and continue mixing until gluten is slightly developed.
- Transfer the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic.How to shape ensaymada
- Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into pieces weighing 60 grams each.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes then cover with plastic sheet to prevent from drying.
- Roll out the pieces thinly into 8″x5″ rectangles. Brush surface with butter.
- Roll into a long rod and twirl into shape, locking ends to seal.
- Place each piece in a greased ensaymada moulder.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. (Approximately 1 1/2 hours at room temperature)
- Bake for 17 minutes at 325 F or until golden in colour.
- Let the bread cool then remove it from moulder.
- Brush the top of each ensaymada with creamed butter and sprinkle with grated cheese and sugar.
Source : Sweet Samsations
Share It To Your Friends!