- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup oil
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- milk as required
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 100gms fruit cocktail (mixed nuts and dried fruits)
- Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- Grease the cake tin with butter or oil and dust it flour
- Chop the nuts and rub the nuts with hands in the flour so that they dont get settled at the bottom of the cake.
- Beat the eggs till fluffy. Add vanilla, oil, sugar and mix.
- Now add the dry ingredients to it and mix it by cut and fold method.
- Add a little milk to get the desired consistency of a batter.
- Add lemon zest of a big lemon, fresh preffered but u can use dried also if not available.
- Pour it in the cake tin and bake for 30 -40 mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
I have used mixed nuts which contain dried berries, pineapple, papaya, dry fruits, etc. If not available u can use individually, tutti fruity, or any dry fruits available.
If adding butter do use a hand blender or a processor otherwise u can just blend it with manual blender or spatula.
Add milk just to get the batter consistency, it makes the cake soft as well.
Keep checking after 30 mins, because it entirely depends on the type of oven capacity.
Source : The Food Factory
Share It To Your Friends!