- 1 lb. medium shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sautéed shrimp paste plus 1 teaspoon to flavor shrimps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb- size ginger, crushed
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 Chinese or Japanese eggplant, sliced into the diagonal (1-inch thick)
- 1 fresh bittermelon, halved, deseeded and sliced into the diagonal (1-inch thick)
- 1 lb. banana squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- ½ lb. fresh okra
- ½ lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- salt to taste
- Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté shrimps for 2 minutes or until it turned pink. Stir in 1 teaspoon shrimp paste. Transfer cooked shrimps to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add garlic and ginger; sauté for 1 minute. Add shrimp paste, stir for 20 seconds. Add squash and water; cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Add cooked shrimps and tomato; gently stir and correct seasonings.
- Transfer into a serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Source : BlogHer
Share It To Your Friends!