- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic skim milk
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 6-8 slices thick white bread, preferably slightly stale [see note below]
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Melt the butter in an electric skillet set to 350 degrees.
- One at a time, dip the bread slices into the egg mixture, evenly coating both sides and carefully shaking off any excess. Place the battered bread onto the heated skillet. Repeat this process until the skillet is full. Cook each bread slice until golden brown on the bottom, then flip and cook the other side. Place the cooked French toast in a warm oven or serve immediately.
--If your loaf of bread is fresh, you can either (a) leave the bread out overnight (or just leave the bread bag open) or (b) lightly toast the bread in a 350-degree oven for 5-7 minutes, or until slightly crisp to the touch.
Source : a less processed life
Share It To Your Friends!