- 1 2 pound beef bottom round roast
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway or dill seed
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the inside of a 5 quart Dutch oven with cooking spray. Over medium heat, brown the roast on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the apple juice, broth and caraway (or dill), cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours. (At this point, you can add potatoes or other vegetables if desired). If adding vegetables, cover and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat to serving platter. Stir together the 1/4 cup water and the cornstarch. Stir into the juices in the Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened and then boil 1 minute more.
Source : Get Cookin
Share It To Your Friends!