- 300 grams ground pork
- 3/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp mirin (wine and sugar)
- 1 egg white
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Mix all ingredients except cornstarch, let it marinate for 15 minutes then add the cornstarch and mix until incorporated, cover then chill it while getting ready to make the dough.
- 5(4+ 1 gradually add during kneading) cups all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 16 pcs 1x1 cut parchment paper
- Put the 2 tbsp sugar in a bowl add the hot water then add 1 cup of room temp water ( the combination is just the right temperature for proofing the yeast), add the yeast, and stir 3-4 stroke and leave it to proof for 10 minutes. in 2 minutes it should start foaming on the surface.
- In a mixing bowl place the 4 cups flour, sugar , salt, baking powder and stir to incorporate all ingredients, then make a hole at the center pour in the yeast mixture.
- If you are using a kitchen aid start mixing the dough ingredients using speed no. 2 until the side of the bowl doesn't have flour anymore, if the dough is a bit dry add some more warm water a tablespoon at a time, when a ball is form already add the oil and let it knead a bit more, the whole mixing time is just around 5 minutes.
- If you are just using hands , then knead the mixture until you form a rough dough then add the oil and continue to knead until you form a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap let it rise for 30 mins. transfer to a parchment paper and divide it to 16 equal parts( to do this you can just divide the dough in half, then cut the 2 pcs each to a half again which gives you 4 pcs then cut each piece to half again which gives you 8 pcs, then cut all the pcs to half again which will be equal sizes of 16 pcs.)
- Roll out each dough to a round 2" diameter, thicker at the center and thinner at the side. place the filling at the center and wrap it using thumb and index of right hand finger pinching the sides and using the left thumb to push the filling to stay in the center as your right hand pinch and rotate to seal the bun.
- Place the bun in a steamer with the cut parchment paper on each base.
- Cover and let it rise for 30 mins.
- Place the steamer over boiling water and steam for 15-20 mins. quickly remove the lid to refrain the water dripping into the buns, you may also use a clean cloth to cover the lid while steaming
Source : Irene's Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!