- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream plus more for brushing the top
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup white chocolate (optional), chopped
- turbinado sugar for topping
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, backing powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together vanilla extract and 1 1/3 cups cream. Drizzle the cream mixture into the dry ingredients tossing and stirring as you pour in the cream. Add the strawberry chunks and white chocolate chunks (if using). Toss together. Add 2 more tablespoons of cream if necessary to create a moist, cohesive, but not sticky dough.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Gently gather and knead the dough into a dish and press the disk out into a 3/4″-thickness.
- Use a small biscuit cutter to cut small 1 1/4-inch circles from the dough disk. Brush each circle with heave cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
- Place 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Source : Joy the Baker
Share It To Your Friends!