- 1 kg. ube (purple yam) boiled, grated finely
- 2 medium can condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened on room temperature
- Grease molds or tin pans with butter or margarine. Cover and set aside for a while.
- Place a cooking pan over medium heat.
- Place butter or margarine and melt, do not burn it.
- Pour in condensed milk and stir well to blend.
- Add in ube (purple yam) and stir.
- Add vanilla extract or essence into the pan and distribute well. Continue stirring.
- If the texture of the halaya becomes thick, heavy and tough, reduce fire to lowest heat possible.
- Continue stirring for 20 minutes or more.
- If the mixture becomes very tough and almost unbearable to mix, with the texture smooth and glossy and the halaya comes together well, turn the fire off and let it cool for about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into prepared molds or pans. Spread an ample amount of butter or margarine on top of halaya mixture and flatten surface.
- Let it cool down before refrigerating. Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
Source : Classy Sweet Cakes
Share It To Your Friends!