- 1 kilo of kuhol (snail)
- 1 kilo of shredded coconut
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, julienned
- 1 head of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1-3 hot chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- sliced leeks for garnish
- Soak kuhol in water for 2 - 3 hours, then wash thoroughly to remove any undigested food.
- Break the tails by tapping with the handle of a knife to loosen the meat from the shell.
- Wash again and set aside.
- Extract the shredded coconut to get the pure coconut milk (gata), then set aside.
- Pour about 2 cups of water on a shredded coconut then extract it again to get the coconut milk. Set aside. Take note, do not mix the pure coconut milk to none pure coconut milk.
- Heat the cooking oil in a skillet or wok.
- Saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant then add the sliced onion and chili pepper until transparent.
- Add the drained kuhol and cook over high heat.
- Add the 2 cups of none pure coconut milk. simmer until almost dry and stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the pure coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered over miedium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle sliced leeks on top before serving
- Serve with steamed rice during lunch or appetizer with ice cold beer. Share and enjoy!
Source : LasangRecipes
Image : Learning Photography
Share It To Your Friends!