- 2 cups all purpose flour
- extra flour for dusting
- 2 tbsp caster sugar or (2 tbsp granulated sugar)
- 1 raw egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup red monggo beans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Soak the monngo beans in bowl of cold water for at least 3 hours or overnight. Rinse and transfer into a pot. Bring t it to a boil and simmer over medium low heat for at least an hour or until the beans are soft and mushy.
- Drain in a colander and set aside in a mixing bowl. Using a potato masher or a blender, mash the beans until pasty. Add sugar to taste and mix with a spoon until well combined. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a mixing bowl, combine warm milk (110 degrees F), instant yeast, and a teaspoon of sugar. Mix until combined. Set aside in warm place for at least 5-10 minutes or until foamy and bubbly.
- In separate bowl, add the flour, caster sugar, and salt. Whisk until well incorporated. Then add the egg, softened butter, and yeast mixture. Mix using a wooden spoon or electric mixer with dough hook attachment until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into a floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Shape into a round ball. Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set a side in warm place for at least an hour until it doubles its size.
- After an hour, punch the dough in the middle to let air escaped. Transfer it onto a floured surface and start to roll using a rolling pin into a 35 cm long and 25 cm wide (35 x 25) rectangle – about 1/4 inch thick depending on the size of your loaf pan.
- Spread the monggo beans onto the surface of the dough. Roll the dough out, from bottom to top, into a cylinder shape or log. Transfer it, seam side down, into an oiled loaf pan. Set aside in warm place for at least 45-50 minutes or until its doubles its size.
- After 50 minutes, brush the dough with an egg wash (egg and milk combination) evenly on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for at least 25-30 minutes or until the top part is golden brown.
- Allow it cool and slice into serving pieces. Enjoy!
Source : Cook n Share
Share It To Your Friends!