- 2 lbs pork belly (or buto-buto)
- 1 bunch spinach (or kang-kong)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 bunch string beans (sitaw), cut in 2 inch length
- 2 pieces medium sized tomato, quartered
- 3 pieces chili (or banana pepper)
- 2 liters water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 big radish (labanos),slice
- 1 pack sinigang mix (fine for 2 liters water)
- * you may also add okra and eggplant if desired
- Boil 2 liters of water into pot.
- Add onions and tomatoes into boiling water for 5 mins.
- Add the pork belly and boil for 30-40 mins. or until pork tenders.
- Put-in the sinigang mix and chili simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add the string beans (and other vegetables if there are any) and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes
- Add fish sauce or salt to taste.
- Put-in the spinach, turn off the heat, and lid the pot. Let the spinach chef using the remaining heat in the pot.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Source : Lutuing Bahay Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!