- 2 medium sized ampalaya
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, deseeded and chopped
- cooking oil
- Cut the ends of the ampalaya. Slice it into half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and white innards. Cut each half across thinly like half moons.
- To remove its bitterness, soak the ampalaya in a solution of 1 tbsp salt and 2 cups water for 10 to 20 minutes. Using a colander, rinse them with water, and then pat dry.
- Heat the oil. Sauté the garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Add the ampalaya and cook for about 5 minutes or until it is tender. Add the beaten eggs, and cook until it firms up. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Try no to overcook the ampalaya so that it can still retain a little of its crunchiness.
- Remove from pan and serve with rice. Enjoy!
Source : www.filipino-recipes-lutong-pinoy.com/
Share It To Your Friends!