- 7 3/4 cups (3, 7 oz packages) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup canned cream of coconut
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the coconut onto the prepared baking sheet and bake 5-7 minutes (stir after 3 minutes, then check every minutes or so after) until golden brown.
- In a large bowl mix toasted coconut, remaining coconut, flour, and salt.
- In a another large bowl mix condensed milk, cream of coconut, vanilla, almond extract and egg. Stir together vigorously with a whisk.
- Pour liquid mixture into the bowl of coconut (mixture) and stir until well combined.
- Using a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop mixture onto a parchment paper lined or silpat lined baking sheet. Use a moist finger to press down any shreds of coconut that are hanging out (otherwise they will burn before the cookies are fully baked).
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Cool a minute on the baking sheet, then move to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- When the cookies have cooled, melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave (on 50% power). Remove the chocolate from the microwave when almost melted, then stir until the chocolate is fully melted. Dip macaroons in the chocolate and set on a (clean) parchment lined or silpat lined baking sheet. When you've filled the baking sheet, move to the fridge and allow the chocolate to set up.
- Store cookies (covered) at room temperature up to 3 days.
Source : Glorious Treats
Share It To Your Friends!