- 3 cups (385 g) all purpose flour
- 1½ cups (185 g) powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1½ cups (350 g) butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, whole
- 1½ – 2 cups (200 – 300 g) white sugar
- ½ – ⅔ cup (120 – 155 ml) fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- zest from 3 lemons
- ½ cup (65 g) all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl. Add melted butter and vanilla extract. You will get a soft dough.
- Transfer the dough into 9 x 13 inch baking pan lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F (175 C). Take out of the oven.
- In the meantime, mix whole eggs together with sugar until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix some more until sugar starts dissolving.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix just until incorporated. Pour over hot shortbread crust and return to the oven. Bake for about 35-45 minutes more or until set in the middle. Cool completely, cut and serve dusted with powdered sugar.
Source : Kitchen Nostalgia
Share It To Your Friends!