- 4 chicken breasts
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- 6 turns on a fresh pepper grinder or about ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Add your honey, low sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, yellow onion, red wine vinegar, ground ginger and ground black pepper to your crock pot and whisk together.
- Add your chicken and turn over to coat both sides of it with sauce. Spoon some of the onion mixture over the top and cover with your lid.
- Cook on low for about 3-5 hours (ours was done in 3.5 so be sure to check it earlier rather than later).
- When the chicken is tender and easily falls apart remove it from your slow cooker and shred it with a fork and set aside.
- Transfer the remaining liquid in the slow cooker to a medium sauce pan and turn the burner to medium heat. Strain out the onion and garlic chunks so you're sauce will be smooth.
- In a separate container whisk together your cornstarch and water. Once your teriyaki sauce starts to boil slowly pour your cornstarch mixture in while whisking it. Let it return to a boil and then turn it down to low and allow it to simmer for 2-4 minutes so it can thicken up.
- Pour half your sauce over your chicken and toss. Save the remaining sauce so that you can drizzle it over the top of your chicken and rice once you have dished up.
- Top with Toasted Sesame Seeds and serve with white or fried rice and enjoy!
Source : the best blog Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!