- 1 kilo beef rib eye of round, whole, sliced into flat sheet, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tbsp calamansi or lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pc. small carrot, sliced into strips
- 1 pc. large pickle, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 3 pc. hard-cooked egg, sliced into quarters
- 2 pc hot dogs, sliced into strips
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup white onions, chopped
- 1 cup red and green bell peppers, chopped
- Water to cover
- 1 pc. Bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can liver spread
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate beef in calamansi juice and soy sauce for at least 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Arrange strips of pickles, carrots, hot dogs, and eggs on the marinated beef.
- Roll the beef, keeping the filling in the center, tie with a string then dredge in flour.
- Reserve marinade for later use.
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan and fry the beef over high heat until color turns medium brown.
- Use casserole*, saute garlic and onions, add bell pepper, water, bay leaf and marinade. Return meat and cook covered, stirring occasionally over low heat until beef becomes tender.
- Add tomato paste and liver spread.
- Season with salt and pepper, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Slice, place in a serving dish and add the sauce.
- Share and enjoy.
It takes 2 hours cooking using ordinary casserole and 30 minutes if a pressure cooker is used.
Source : lasangRecipes
Share It To Your Friends!